Dessert for breakfast anyone? Okay, okay I know that we get hammered with pumpkin spice this and pumpkin that from August to late October but seriously this like a slice of pumpkin pie in a jar AND it’s good for you. This is also great way to make use of that last half a cup of pumpkin you didn’t need for your Thanksgiving Day pumpkin pies. The beautiful orange squash we know as pumpkin, is low in fat and loaded with vitamin A, so make sure to use it all up! Adding the rolled oats and Greek yogurt packs this creamy pumpkin pie smoothie with protein and is yummy enough for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ¼ rolled oats
- ¼ cup 2% greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (cows milk is fine too)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (or coconut palm sugar for vegans)
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.