Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean that you have to become boring. My sister and I love margaritas, but dislike the abundance of sugar and calories that are traditional. So last summer, we tried clear tequila on the rocks with club soda and fresh lime juice, and fell in love. This version is just over 100 calories as opposed to 300 plus, without artificial ingredients. Yes please. Since then we’ve been trying several different fun combinations.
Our Mexican neighbors as a kid put me on to snacking on sliced cucumbers with fresh lemon juice, it’s been a favorite of mine since and is a perfect flavor combo. Now you can celebrate this Cinco de Mayo in style and on the lighter side with this refreshing cocktail, guilt free!
- Salt for the rim
- 1 cup of ice
- ¼ - ½ cup fresh cucumber juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 - 3 ounces Don Julio Blanco (or clear tequila of your choice)
- 1 cup Sparkling water
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- I do love a salted rim glass! I just use whatever I have in the house, as of late it's been kosher salt. Shake about an ⅛th of a cup or more salt on a flat plate. Dip the end of the glass in water, shake and dip in to the salt.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to each glass.
- - 1.5 ounces of tequila.
- Add the cucumber juice. Top with the sparkling water. Fresh lemon juice and slice.
- For a finishing touch a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.